Monday 5 May 2014

In the beginning, there was chocolate....

... And now all that is left is the bowl of oranges you've been putting off eating all week, because you actually hate oranges, yet your mum insisted on giving you some oranges because "They're good for you!!"...

On that note, welcome to the beginnings of my new blog. I've started this blog in order to give myself some space to show some of the art I've done over the years, and to also have a bit of a whinge about the general crap going on in my life (mostly to do with oranges).

And on that note, here is an example of a card design I did at the end of last year for Christmas 2013. I made this in response to being bombarded with satsumas in my stocking as a little girl. Oh how I love my mum...

And yes, I am aware satsumas and oranges are technically different. But if it's got an orange skin that's impossible to peel and tastes like I'm washing my mouth out with acid, then it may as well be an orange. It's like calling a piece of poo a different name because it came out of someone else's bum and has a slightly different colour and composition to it.  It's still crap whatever way you look at it, so just get over yourselves.

Okay, my rant is over for the time being. But stay tuned for more stupid art and orange rants (and possibly poo rants depending on how I'm feeling...)


No comments:

Post a Comment